Finding funding to get your ethical or social business off the ground, or to develop a new project can be a tricky thing to do.
One option that more and more people are looking at is crowdfunding, and in this episode I interview crowdfunding consultant Jes Bailey from Crowdfund 360 to find out why she is such a huge fan of it, and the things we need to do if we are thinking about having a go.
There’s a huge amount of really amazing actionable information in this episode, that applies not just to crowdfunding, so do have a listen and then let me know in the comments if you’re now giving crowdfunding some serious thought!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What is crowdfunding?
- Why you should think about crowdfunding for your project or ethical business
- Why you might not want to crowdfund your project
- Why as an ethical or social enterprise you are ideally suited to running a crowdfunding campaign
- Where to start
- How to pick a platform
- How to build your ‘crowd’ and hot to promote your campaign on social media
- The most common mistakes people make when running crowdfunding campaigns
- Top tips for a successful crowdfunding campaign
– on Twitter
Vitae London watch crowdfunding campaign
The fish by-catch crowdfunding campaign
The Making Good Facebook community
I really hope you’ve enjoyed this episode and got as much out of it as I know I certainly have!
If you have 2 minutes, I’d really really love you to leave a rating or a review on i-tunes for the podcast – it will really help to move it up the charts and get the message of ‘good business’ out there to more people – thank you!