I’m sure I’m not alone in tending to bury my head in the sand when it comes to the financial side of my business..!
I have a resistance I think to the “grown-up ness” of keeping track of my expenses even though I know it’s something that is really important, and something I really need to have a handle on.
In this episode, I interview Ryan Storey, founder of social enterprise Kakeibo, who wants to see us all develop our “financial literacy”.
He explains in this episode the basic things that we need to be covering in our financial planning, and in the day to day running of our businesses.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What a financial plan is and why you need one
- How to put together a financial plan
- The things you need to be thinking about in terms of your business finances
- What particular things you need to be aware of as a social enterprise
- Some really helpful tools to help you manage your finances simply and easily
– on Facebook
– on Twitter
– on Medium
– on Twitter
Blog post – How to write a business plan
Blog post – Start with Why
Episode 03 – Start with Why
Simon Sinek’s book “Start with Why”
Ryan has some templates to share with us, but is currently having some IT issues, so has sent this link for the meantime.
Ryan’s award winning story on Medium
Ryan’s Transporting financial analogy on Medium
The Making Good Facebook community
** If you have 2 minutes, I’d really really love you to leave a rating or a review on i-tunes for the podcast
– it will really help to move it up the charts (it’s already been in the Top 20 for the business podcasts!) and get the message of ‘good business’ out there to more people – thank you! **